WHO WE ARE
Director of Community Services
Chief Financial Officer
The team at Edenbridge Family Services Inc. has been providing services to adults and children with special needs since 1990, as well as to individuals requiring personal care services. In addition, Edenbridge has also been a teaching facility, providing training and certification in a number of areas specific to direct client service. Edenbridge, as we presently exist, continues in the traditions, policies and excellence it has created to provide ongoing supports and services to children and adults with Developmental Disabilities, support for those who require assistance with their independence, and individuals with Mental Health challenges.
Philosophy Driven, Goal Centered
Edenbridge Family Services Inc. recognizes every person, regardless of circumstances, is a unique individual having worth, strengths, and needs. Each individual is entitled to live life in a way that fully acknowledges their individuality and right to be treated with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
Our philosophy is that individuals with limited physical, behavioral, developmental and/or cognitive abilities will benefit more from a home and community-based lifestyle than from traditional institutional isolation.
This philosophy drives us to provide individuals accessing service with as normal a life as possible in an environment that offers the very best in social, physical, spiritual, culture, and academic support.
The Difference? Our People!
Edenbridge Family Services Inc. makes every effort to create a supportive, positive environment that meets or exceeds established standards and encourages development. Our team consists of qualified staff trained to deliver services in a respectful, courteous manner. Many have University Degrees, College Diplomas, relevant certification, and experience in the Disabilities Service field, and are dedicated professionals.
Committed to delivering quality care and the best possible service, we are constantly striving to have the right person, in the right place, at the right time to meet the needs of individuals accessing service. As part of our process in monitoring and responding to current and emerging needs, Edenbridge fosters and promotes participation in appropriate mandatory in-service, and other training to develop and enhance understanding, increase knowledge, and ensure competencies necessary to maintain current positions, update expertise, and meet or exceed quality and specific skill level requirements.
In addition to our considerable internal resources, we work closely with experienced professionals in the community. These “professional partnerships” give us a sizable pool of knowledge upon which we draw to give better services in areas including, and not limited to, activities of daily living, nutrition, health, personal care, and recreation within the community.
Ongoing communication is an important element to any service evaluation and improvement plan. We welcome feedback as a tool for communicating useful and constructive information to assist us as we conduct ourselves in a sincere, supportive, and responsive manner.
Caring is OUR Profession
Professionalism is an attitude and behavior expected from all staff representing Edenbridge Family Services Inc. As an agency, we have two basic requirements:
- The people we serve will receive the best possible support, and
- This support will be delivered in a manner that maintains respect for the dignity and value of all individual accessing services.
“In order to provide excellent services, a service provider must employ good leadership, strategic planning, human resources development, management practices, and administrative processes.” (Creating Excellence Together)
All Edenbridge philosophies, mission statement, policies and procedures will be in harmony with the following legislations.
- The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Human Rights, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Act
- Protection for Persons in Care Act
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Employment Standards
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) Safety Standards
- Federal and provincial requirements for payroll deductions and benefits
- All other relevant laws and regulations
Edenbridge Family Services Inc. is dedicated to providing quality services to those who require support, regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, income, or disability. We initiate and encourage an emphasis on community inclusion, optimal health and the development of positive relationships within the community. This is achieved by understanding and adequately supporting situations that adversely affect the lives of individuals accessing services.
General Policies of Edenbridge
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. recognizes people as our most valued resource and as such, promotes understanding, sensitivity, celebration and respectful consideration of similar needs within a diverse population.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. expects standards of integrity, respect, courtesy and quality service delivery be demonstrated in all contacts with funding bodies, staff, individuals accessing services, or family/guardian of individuals accessing services, and members of the general community.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. conducts business ethically and in conformance with the laws and regulations of all locations in which we do business.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. will safeguard the privacy of staff, individuals accessing services, and family/guardian of individuals accessing services and will maintain knowledge of and comply with government and agency procedures concerning confidentiality in receiving, retaining, disclosing and destroying information.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Edenbridge does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, compensation, benefits, training, or other employment practices.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. policies, procedures and practices in every area of service and administration are free of discriminatory elements.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. fosters a safe, healthful and positive working environment.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. recognizes the benefits of staying current and the necessity of growth and development. Edenbridge invites stakeholders at every level to become actively involved in its commitment to a continuous improvement process.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. staff has a right, and are encouraged, to discuss freely with their supervisors any matter concerning their own or the Agency’s welfare. Staff shall do so without fear of adverse employment consequences as a result of same.
- Edenbridge Family Services Inc. recognizes the rights of every individual accessing services to raise concerns regarding service delivery. Such expression shall be treated with respect and will not result in retaliation or barriers to service.
Our mandate is to provide quality care and assistance to the individuals accessing services while encouraging as much independence as possible.
Edenbridge Core Values
We value and support thoughtful consideration of the contributions, ideas, efforts and needs of others – staff, individuals accessing services, and families of individuals accessing services are of intrinsic worth and must be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
Honesty and compliance to the Code of Ethics guides our actions and must not be compromised in the treatment of staff, individuals accessing services and families of individuals accessing services; we welcome feedback as a tool for communicating useful and constructive information to assist us as we conduct ourselves in a sincere, supportive, and responsive manner.
We strive constantly to improve the quality of our service; we support staff in their role of achieving excellence in services tailored to individual needs and designed to accommodate personal support and development.
We foster and promote participation in appropriate mandatory, in-service, and other training to develop and enhance understanding, increase knowledge, and ensure competencies necessary to maintain current positions, update expertise, and meet or exceed quality and specific skill level requirements.
We are committed to assisting individuals with limited physical, behavioural, developmental and/or cognitive abilities to live their life as independently as possible in an environment that offers the very best physical, intellectual, emotional, social, culture and spiritual support.
To ensure a continuation of quality services, including but not limited to, activities of daily living, nutrition, personal care, and recreation within the community, we forge “professional partnerships” that foster, promote, and model, a healthy community inclusive lifestyle lived with privacy and dignity.